AI-generated content is a hot topic among marketers, bloggers, and SEOs. Many of us are thinking about the current uses and what the future will look like with the many AI tools being released every day.
Many marketers are not happy with the first version of the AI texting tool, but ChatGPT makes everyone change their mind, even non-marketers.
In the past two weeks, I have had many friends come to me to discuss and understand more about ChatGPT and the future of blogging and marketing and the advancement of similar AI tools.
A group of young marketers reached out to understand the impact of AI-generated content on SEO.
Some of the questions asked by the group were-
- Will Google keep AI-powered content?
- Should we use AI writing tools for content creation?
- How can we use AI Writing tools to create content that is search engine friendly?
And many questions along similar lines…
And in truth, there is no right answer, especially when we look at the impact of using AI-text tools for SEO.
Update – It seems that Google doesn’t hate self-generated content as long as it helps users and provides quality. Do not update this article with new information that may change your opinion about AI-generated content.
There is no doubt that AI-generated content is here to stay, and in this article and the upcoming articles, I will help you make the most of using AI tools to develop your business. That too without affecting your SEO, remains your best practice, making your clients/clients/readers happy and satisfied.
What is AI-generated content?
Many AI (Artificial Intelligence) creative tools use computer programs and algorithms to create text or speech more than humans like you and me.
AI-powered content is created using Natural Language Processing (NLP) and machine learning, which allows computers to understand and imitate human language.
AI-generated content has many possible use cases, including:
- Creating content for websites and social media: AI-generated content can help companies and organizations create high-quality, high-quality content quickly and efficiently.
- Automated customer service: AI-powered speech and text can be used to respond to customer inquiries quickly and accurately.
- News and information: AI-generated text can generate news, summaries, and reports on various topics.
Here are some common examples of AI-generated content –
- Blog post
- Write a post title
- Creating a list of content
- Social media
- Email correspondence
- Product details
- Advertising brochures for your marketing needs
- Landing page
However, it is important to note that the content generated by AI is not good and still has many limitations, which I will discuss in the other part of this article.
I feel that we are at the beginning of one of the most important technological changes in the history of content generation. How AI tools will change the world of content creation, only time will tell.
For now, let’s understand the impact of AI-generated content on SEO.
Article AI and Google SEO –
If your online business relies on search engines to drive traffic, you should be paying special attention to this area.
Based on Google search’s central webmaster issue of the past year, in response, Google spokesperson John Muller added –
- AI-generated content still falls into the category of automatically generated content. If you use machine learning tools to create content, it’s the same as if you just translate words or use translation tricks, or use single words (Hint: Spinner tools ).
- The quality of content in these AI-authored apps may be better than old-school apps, but it’s really just automated content. And that means it’s still against the website’s user guidelines.
The interesting thing about this conversation is – When John Muller was asked; Can Google understand the difference between AI and human content?
and his response is –
I can’t claim that. However, if the web spam team sees anything that is being generated automatically, they will take action.
But if you try a tool like ChatGPT or Jasper, you might say first: WOW!
In fact, for many subjects, the answer seems to be better than the average person would answer. And this is when ChatGPT has a lower data base than Google.
In November 2022 the Google team removed the doubt on the content created by hand and the impact on SEO.
Summary – Google is not against AI-generated content as long as it is verified and provides a better user experience. Creating low-quality content using non-human AI tools to review and edit is a surefire way to get penalized by Google’s web spam team.
Advantages of using AI-generated content for SEO?
In the current state of AI writing tools, there are a few drawbacks (some of which seem impossible to fix) that you should be aware of –
- Quality and fact-checking – The quality and relevance of user questions seems to be the #1 issue in creating content using AI tools. Another important thing is the authenticity of the content. If you rely solely on AI research tools, you can make mistakes that will be hard to spot and damage your brand reputation.
- Plagiarism – AI generated content may include sentences or phrases from other sources without proper citation. Not only is it unethical, but it can also get penalized by search engines. You must ensure that your article is run through a plagiarism check tool or an AI writing tool that provides citation strategies.
- No human touch (can sound robotic) – Text written by AI software often sounds robotic and lacks human touch and touch. It may not be the case in the future, but in some niches, this could be a disaster for your brand.
AI generated content and engine optimization –
Let’s be real; AI writing tools are changing fast, unlike anything we’ve ever seen. They are not past translators, and they write like humans.
The first version of the AI software is awesome, but what I’m seeing these days is mind-blowing.
Of course, they can’t be as good (maybe) as humans, but they have the ability to replace a large number of human workers. It may not sound good to many of you, but this is the harsh reality of this time.
Some of my predictions about AI generated content –
- I will not be surprised if many bloggers and content creators will start to use the help of AI writing to create content.
- Expect more AI content detection tools to launch in the coming days.
- The role of content editors will evolve, and they should be well versed in AI writing tools. I will share a list of such tools soon.
- As a freelance content writer, you should see AI writing tools as a helper rather than an enemy. As people are against the idea of a tool like Grammarly, everyone who writes online uses it.
- As a blogger or content creator, use AI writing tools to create ideas, concepts, descriptions, and other projects you’d like to publish. But never publish the production without editing and sprinkling your magic.
- And I believe you should focus more on creating video content as it provides authenticity, builds trust, and adds a human touch. Over time, it will be difficult to identify the author of the piece, and they may lose their value. Videos and podcasts can replace text content to a large extent for topics that require more trust and a human touch. I don’t see AI replacing video content generation for a long time, and that’s a great way to make a difference in the world of content creators and blogging.
- Google EAT – Ten means Expertise, Authority and Confidence. EAT is part of Google’s algorithm and is included in Google’s search engine rankings. It is related to the website in the niche YMYL (Finance, Health). I wouldn’t be surprised if this applies to many other niches.
- Just like everyone else, you have to list yourself as a niche expert in 1-2 topics that will continue to be important in the AI era. Make sure your social media profile shows what you’re an expert at. Start seeing your social media followers as digital currency, this will keep you relevant in the age of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Again, I don’t have a crystal ball 🔮 to predict the future of AI-generated content and SEO. Although I predict that it will not go away, it is a significant technological advance. The best thing you can do for your career is to embrace new and upcoming technology and apply it to your business as needed.
Now it’s your turn to let us know –
- Have you used AI tools to create content? Can you organize them in SEO?
- What are the pros and cons of using AI-generated content for SEO?
- What are the best techniques for using AI writing tools to create content and posts?
- What is your prediction for the future of SEO and all these AI writing tools?